ABOUT ST GEORGE'S
St George's is an Anglican parish church where all are welcome.
It provides a place where faith can be nurtured, explored and questioned and where a spirit of service to others is fostered and supported.
* Clergy and trained lay people give pastoral and sacramental care to Anglican patients at Cabrini Malvern and Prahran.
* A children's program is held each Sunday and special services are held for children and families at Christmas and Easter.
* Church in the Home is brought to those unable to attend St. George's due to age or illness and church services are held in local nursing homes.
* Fine music is performed in worship and a parish choir is open to all singers.
* The recently refurbished St George's Centre and meeting rooms are used by a variety of community groups and is available for hire.
* A Prayer Shawl Ministry group knits shawls and rugs for the grieving and the ill and also for Knit One Give One.
* Friendly support groups operate within the church community for men and women.
* Young adults assist in leading worship and volunteer in a soup kitchen.
* Regular collections of food are provided for St. Mark's Pantry, Fitzroy and St. Alban's Pantry, St. Alban's.